Moving involves much more than just packing your things and walking through the threshold of a new door. Making the decision to move requires research, paperwork, and the process of closing the deal. There are many reasons to move to a new residence- whether it’s to accommodate a growing family, better fit your dog parent lifestyle, or be closer to friends/family. There are various home options when you start looking- apartments, townhouses, starter houses.. the list goes on. A new home is a milestone that when done properly, can help create years of memories.
Many first-time homebuyers may be at an advantage, as there are usually more opportunities for state programs, tax breaks and federally backed loans to help cover the average 20% down payment. It’s important to take the time to find a great team of professionals to assist you throughout the process. A realtor, lawyer, and mortgage broker can help answer any questions you may have and help make the buying process run smoother.
Deciding to move somewhere bigger can be a very in-depth decision, but its important to think about what’s best for your family or lifestyle. Check out the accompanying infographic for more tips on deciding when and where to move.
Graphic created by New City Moving.
For more information on real estate and Snohomish County homes or real estate, start here by contacting me today.
More Information for Local Residents
- Simple Steps to Home Buying
- How to De-Clutter Your Closet
- How to Buy an Older Home in North Everett
- 10 Ways Homeowners ‘Trick’ Buyers in the Inspection
- 5 Things to Know About Buying a Historic Home
- The Importance of a Home Warranty
- What to know about the first year of homeownership
- How to Make an Offer on an REO Property
- Mixing Metals in the Kitchen
- Plants that are perfect for the bathroom